Eastern NY Correctional Facility is a maximum security level facility for males.
Every facility has a variety of programs to help incarcerated individuals, which can include:
- Alcohol and Substance Abuse Treatment Programs
- Anger Management Programs
- Educational/Vocational Programs
- Family Development Programs
- Guidance and Counseling Services
- Library and Law Library Services
- Recreational Programs
- Religious Services
- Sex Offender Treatment Programs
- Temporary Release Programs
- Trauma Programs
- Transitional Services Programs
- Veterans Services
- Volunteer Services and Programs
Visitation information effective 12/22/2022
Visiting Days: Daily (including weekends)
Monday – Friday 9:00AM to 3:30PM (Latest arrival 3:00PM)
Weekends & Holidays 9:00AM to 3:00PM (Latest arrival 2:30PM)
Special Housing Unit Visiting Days & Hours:
- Visitation for Special Housing incarcerated individuals is Monday through Friday, 9:00AM to 3:00PM (latest arrival 2:30PM). Saturday, Sunday and Holidays 9:00AM-2:30PM (Latest arrival 2:00PM). Incarcerated individuals in SHU are allowed one (1) non-legal visit within a seven (7) day period. Each week starts on a Monday and ends on a Sunday.
Visitation Schedule: Weekday visitation is open to all incarcerated individuals with no DIN restrictions. Weekend and Holiday visitation is divided into specific segments of population by the last digit of the DIN. See attached schedule
Maximum Number of Visits per Day: One (1)
Maximum Number of Visitors per Visit: Four (4)
Visiting Room Overcrowding Policy: In the event that space considerations require termination of visits, the following procedure will be followed:
1) Request voluntary termination from any visitor first.
2) If no volunteers, those visitors who arrived first will be asked to leave, taking into consideration incarcerated individuals who have not had a visit in six (6) months, and distance traveled by visitor(s).
For additional visitation information, please visit the DOCCS Visitors Page
PREA Audit Reports
Eastern NY Correctional Facility Audit - Cycle 4 - PREA Audit Report, December 29, 2022