Gouverneur Correctional Facility is a medium security level facility for males.
Every facility has a variety of programs to help incarcerated individuals, which can include:
- Alcohol and Substance Abuse Treatment Programs
- Anger Management Programs
- Educational/Vocational Programs
- Family Development Programs
- Guidance and Counseling Services
- Library and Law Library Services
- Recreational Programs
- Religious Services
- Sex Offender Treatment Programs
- Temporary Release Programs
- Trauma Programs
- Transitional Services Programs
- Veterans Services
- Volunteer Services and Programs
Visitation information effective 7/20/22
Visiting Days: Weekends and Holidays
Visiting Days & Hours:
General Population & *SHU: 7:30AM to 2:30PM weekend and holidays; latest arrival time – 1:30PM
*SHU: Incarcerated individuals in SHU custody are allowed one non-legal visit within a seven (7) day period. Each week begins on a Sunday and ends on a Saturday.
Residential Rehabilitation Unit (RRU): 5:00PM to 9:00PM Saturdays & Sundays; latest arrival time – 8:00PM
2022 Visitation Schedule (revised 7/13/22)
Maximum Number of Visits per Day: Unlimited
Maximum Number of Visitors per Visit: Three (3) visitors and one (1) child under the age of five (5) will be allowed to visit. The child must sit on an adult’s lap.
Visiting Room Overcrowding Policy: In the event that space considerations require termination of visits, the following procedure will be followed:
1) Request voluntary termination from any visitor first.
2) If no volunteers, local visits will be terminated. Local visits are deemed any visitor who lives within a fifty (50) mile radius of the facility.
4) Terminate visits in order of their arrival in the Visit Room. (First visitor in would be the first visitor asked to leave).
For additional visitation information, please visit the DOCCS Visitors Page
PREA Audit Report
Gouverneur Correctional Facility Final PREA Audit Report July 2021