Sing Sing Correctional Facility is a maximum security level facility for males.
Every facility has a variety of programs to help incarcerated individuals, which can include:
- Alcohol and Substance Abuse Treatment Programs
- Anger Management Programs
- Educational/Vocational Programs
- Family Development Programs
- Guidance and Counseling Services
- Library and Law Library Services
- Recreational Programs
- Religious Services
- Sex Offender Treatment Programs
- Temporary Release Programs
- Trauma Programs
- Transitional Services Programs
- Veterans Services
- Volunteer Services and Programs
Visitation information effective 2/8/2022
Visiting Days: Daily (including weekends)
Visiting Hours: 8:15AM to 3:00PM
Special Housing Unit Visiting Days & Hours: Incarcerated individuals in Special Housing units on PIMS Level 1 or 2 are allowed are allowed one (1) non-legal visit within a seven-day period during normal visitation hours. Incarcerated individuals in Special Housing units on PIMS Level 3 are allowed are allowed two (2) non-legal visit within a seven-day period during normal visitation hours. Weekend visits utilize the odd/even weekend schedule. Each week begins on a Thursday and ends on a Wednesday.
Weekend Visitation Schedule: Daily visitation will continue as normal. Weekend visits will operate on an odd/even schedule by last number of DIN as follows:
- DIN ending in an odd number can receive visits on Saturday
- DIN ending in an even number can receive visits on Sunday
- See attached weekend visitation schedule
Maximum Number of Visits per Day: One (1) non-legal visit per day based on available space.
Maximum Number of Visitors per Visit: Two (2) visitors and one (1) child under the age of five (5) will be allowed to visit. The child must sit on an adult’s lap. No cross visits allowed.
Visiting Room Overcrowding Policy: In the event that space considerations require termination of visits, the following procedure will be followed:
1) Request voluntary termination from any visitor first.
2) If no volunteers, those visitors who arrived first will be asked to leave.
3) At 1PM each day visitation will begin to end, those who arrived first will leave first. By 3PM the last visitor will be processed out of the facility to ensure the safe exit of both our visitors and incarcerated individuals while also adhering to the social distancing guidelines. The facility will sanitize the area to prepare for the following visiting day.
For additional visitation information, please visit the DOCCS Visitors Page
PREA Audit Reports
PREA Final Audit, Completed August 9, 2019; Report Issued November 11, 2019.
Despite delays in issuing the audit report for the purpose of the PREA standards, this audit is considered complete on August 9, 2019 based upon the auditor's notification that, as of that date, Sing Sing was in compliance.