Taconic Correctional Facility is a medium security level facility for females.
Every facility has a variety of programs to help incarcerated individuals, which can include:
- Alcohol and Substance Abuse Treatment Programs
- Anger Management Programs
- Educational/Vocational Programs
- Family Development Programs
- Guidance and Counseling Services
- Library and Law Library Services
- Recreational Programs
- Religious Services
- Sex Offender Treatment Programs
- Temporary Release Programs
- Trauma Programs
- Transitional Services Programs
- Veterans Services
- Volunteer Services and Programs
Visitation information effective 1/5/2022
Visiting Days: Weekends and Holidays
Visiting Hours: 8:30AM to 3:30PM (Latest arrival time 2:30PM)
Visitation Schedule: Visits are divided into specific segments of the population by alpha (first letter of incarcerated individual's last name). See attached schedule.
Maximum Number of Visits per Day: One (1) per incarcerated individual
Maximum Number of Visits per Week: One (1) visit per weekend and one (1) visit per legal holiday
Maximum Number of Visitors per Visit: Three (3) visitors and one (1) child under the age of five (5) will be allowed to visit. The child must sit on an adult’s lap.
Visiting Room Overcrowding Policy: In the event that space considerations require termination of visits, the following procedure will be followed:
1) Request voluntary termination from any visitor first.
2) If no volunteers, those visitors who arrived first will be asked to leave after having visited for a minimum of two (2) hours.
3) After consultation with the area Supervisor, exceptions to early terminations can be made for visitors who have traveled a long distance, and do not have a frequent visit pattern.
PREA Audit Reports
Taconic Correctional Facility PREA Audit Report November 2021
PREA Audit Report, November 7, 2018
PREA Audit Report, November 9, 2015