Wende Correctional Facility is a maximum security level facility for males.
Every facility has a variety of programs to help incarcerated individuals, which can include:
- Alcohol and Substance Abuse Treatment Programs
- Anger Management Programs
- Educational/Vocational Programs
- Family Development Programs
- Guidance and Counseling Services
- Library and Law Library Services
- Recreational Programs
- Religious Services
- Sex Offender Treatment Programs
- Temporary Release Programs
- Trauma Programs
- Transitional Services Programs
- Veterans Services
- Volunteer Services and Programs
Visitation information effective 12/4/2020 - VISITATION TEMPORARILY SUSPENDED EFFECTIVE 12/16/20 AT 3PM
Visiting Days: Daily (including weekends)
Visiting Hours: 9:00AM to 3:00PM (Latest arrival time 2:15PM)
Special Housing Unit Visiting Days & Hours: Visitation for incarcerated individuals in SHU custody is based on Directive 4933 and P.I.M.S. level.
RMU Visitation: RMU incarcerated individuals will only be allowed visits if they are able to ambulate to Visit Room A or Visit Room B.
Visitation Schedule: Weekday visitation is on a first come, first serve basis. Weekend visitation will run Saturday A-L, Sunday M-Z, then alternate each weekend (i.e. Saturday M-Z, Sunday A-L). See attached schedule.
Number of Allowable Visits per Week: Opportunity for two (2) weekend visits per month. No limit on number of weekday visits.
Maximum Number of Visitors per Visit: Three (3) visitors and one (1) child under the age of five (5) will be allowed to visit. The child must sit on an adult’s lap.
Visiting Room Overcrowding Policy: In the event that space considerations require termination of visits, the following procedure will be followed:
1) Request voluntary termination from any visitor first.
2) If no volunteers, those visitors who arrived first will be asked to leave.
*Visit termination due to crowding will be after 2 hours with first in, first out.
Special Considerations: All visitors will report to the Visit Hospitality Center for the health screening. Visitors will be issued a numbered pass upon arrival. Mask use is required.