Superintendent: Christopher Yehl
Wende Correctional Facility is a maximum security level facility for males.
Every facility has a variety of programs to help incarcerated individuals, which can include:
- Alcohol and Substance Abuse Treatment Programs
- Anger Management Programs
- Educational/Vocational Programs
- Family Development Programs
- Guidance and Counseling Services
- Library and Law Library Services
- Recreational Programs
- Religious Services
- Sex Offender Treatment Programs
- Temporary Release Programs
- Trauma Programs
- Transitional Services Programs
- Veterans Services
- Volunteer Services and Programs
Visitation information effective 12/22/2022
Visiting Days: Daily (including weekends and Holidays)
Visiting Hours: 9:00AM to 3:00PM (Latest arrival time 2:15PM)
Special Housing Unit Visiting Days & Hours: Incarcerated individuals in SHU custody are allowed one non-legal visit within a seven (7) day period. Each week begins on a Sunday and ends on a Saturday.
RMU Visitation: RMU incarcerated individuals will only be allowed visits in the A & B Visit Rooms during weekdays if medically cleared to leave the RMU. If Incarcerated Individuals are not cleared to leave the RMU, visits are conducted only on the weekends in the dedicated RMU visit room.
Visitation Schedule: Visitation is open daily on a first come, first served basis.
Maximum Number of Visits per Week: Opportunity for two (2) weekend visits per month. No limit on number of weekday visits.
Maximum Number of Visitors per Visit: Three (3) visitors and one (1) child under the age of five (5) will be allowed to visit. The child must sit on an adult’s lap.
Visiting Room Overcrowding Policy: In the event that space considerations require termination of visits, the following procedure will be followed:
1) Request voluntary termination from any visitor first.
2) If no volunteers, those visitors who arrived first will be asked to leave.
*Visit termination due to crowding will be after 3 hours with first in, first out.
Special Considerations: All visitors will report to the Visit Hospitality Center for the health screening. Visitors will be issued a numbered pass upon arrival.
For additional visitation information, please visit the DOCCS Visitors Page