Wallkill Correctional Facility is a medium security level facility for males.
Every facility has a variety of programs to help incarcerated individuals, which can include:
- Alcohol and Substance Abuse Treatment Programs
- Anger Management Programs
- Educational/Vocational Programs
- Family Development Programs
- Guidance and Counseling Services
- Library and Law Library Services
- Recreational Programs
- Religious Services
- Sex Offender Treatment Programs
- Temporary Release Programs
- Trauma Programs
- Transitional Services Programs
- Veterans Services
- Volunteer Services and Programs
Visitation information effective 4/13/21 - VISITATION WILL RESUME EFFECTIVE MAY 1, 2021
Visiting Days: Weekends and Holidays
Visiting Hours: 7:15AM to 2:15PM (Latest arrival time 1:15PM)
Visitation Schedule: Weekend visits are allowed per schedule. A-L and M-Z rotating every weekend. See attached weekend visitation schedule.
Holidays falling on a weekday are open to all letters. Holiday visiting hours are the same as weekend visitation hours.
Maximum Number of Visits per Day: Unlimited
Maximum Number of Visitors per Visit: Three (3) visitors and one (1) child under the age of five (5) will be allowed to visit. The child must sit on an adult’s lap.
Visiting Room Overcrowding Policy: In the event that space considerations require termination of visits, the following procedure will be followed:
1) Request voluntary termination from any visitor first.
2) If no volunteers, visits will be ended based upon first in first out method for visiting within one hundred (100) miles of facility.
3) All other visits ending due to overcrowding will be addressed by method of transportation, special visits, and visits over one hundred (100) miles, etc.