Upstate Correctional Facility is a maximum security level facility for males.
Every facility has a variety of programs to help incarcerated individuals, which can include:
- Alcohol and Substance Abuse Treatment Programs
- Anger Management Programs
- Educational/Vocational Programs
- Family Development Programs
- Guidance and Counseling Services
- Library and Law Library Services
- Recreational Programs
- Religious Services
- Sex Offender Treatment Programs
- Temporary Release Programs
- Trauma Programs
- Transitional Services Programs
- Veterans Services
- Volunteer Services and Programs
Visitation information effective 12/22/2022
Visiting Days: Weekends and Holidays
Visiting Hours: 8:00AM to 2:30PM (Latest Arrival Time 1:45PM)
Special Housing Unit Visiting Days & Hours:
Special Housing incarcerated individuals are allowed two visits per week. Each week begins on a Sunday and ends on a Saturday.
Visitation Schedule: See attached schedule.
Maximum Number of Visits per Day: Two
Maximum Number of Visitors per Visit: Three (3) visitors and one (1) child under age 5 will be allowed to visit. The child must sit on an adult’s lap.
Visiting Room Overcrowding Policy:
- In the rare instance of overcrowding, a first in/first out (minimum amount of three (3) hour visitation time) policy will be instituted.
For additional visitation information, please visit the DOCCS Visitors Page
PREA Audit Reports
Upstate Correctional Facility Final PREA Audit Report - December 24, 2021
Upstate Correctional Facility Final PREA Audit Report November 2015