Upstate Correctional Facility is a maximum security level facility for males.
Every facility has a variety of programs to help incarcerated individuals, which can include:
- Alcohol and Substance Abuse Treatment Programs
- Anger Management Programs
- Educational/Vocational Programs
- Family Development Programs
- Guidance and Counseling Services
- Library and Law Library Services
- Recreational Programs
- Religious Services
- Sex Offender Treatment Programs
- Temporary Release Programs
- Trauma Programs
- Transitional Services Programs
- Veterans Services
- Volunteer Services and Programs
Visitation information effective 4/13/21 - VISITATION WILL RESUME EFFECTIVE APRIL 28, 2021
Visiting Days: Saturdays, Sundays and Holidays
Visiting Hours: 8:00AM to 2:30PM
Special Housing Unit Visiting Days & Hours:
SHU - PIMS Level 1, 2 – One (1) visit per week
SHU - PIMS Level 3, 4 – Two (2) visits per week
Each week begins on a Sunday and ends on a Saturday.
Visitation Schedule: Visits will rotate weekends based upon the first letter of the incarcerated individual’s last name. See attached schedule.
Maximum Number of Visits per Day: Unlimited
Maximum Number of Visitors per Visit: Three (3) visitors and one (1) child under age 5 will be allowed to visit. The child must sit on an adult’s lap.
Visiting Room Overcrowding Policy:
- Ask for volunteers for visit completion
- Visitors within a one hundred (100) mile radius will be terminated as space is needed.
- First in/First out with a minimum amount of three (3) hour visitation time.
PREA Audit Reports
Upstate Correctional Facility Final PREA Audit Report November 2015