Taconic Correctional Facility is a medium security level facility for females.
Every facility has a variety of programs to help incarcerated individuals, which can include:
- Alcohol and Substance Abuse Treatment Programs
- Anger Management Programs
- Educational/Vocational Programs
- Family Development Programs
- Guidance and Counseling Services
- Library and Law Library Services
- Recreational Programs
- Religious Services
- Sex Offender Treatment Programs
- Temporary Release Programs
- Trauma Programs
- Transitional Services Programs
- Veterans Services
- Volunteer Services and Programs
Visitation information effective 1/5/2022
Visiting Days: Weekends and Holidays
Visiting Hours: 8:30AM to 3:30PM (Latest arrival time 2:30PM)
Visitation Schedule: Visits are divided into specific segments of the population by alpha (first letter of incarcerated individual's last name). See attached schedule.
2022 Visitation Schedule (revised 6/14/22)
Maximum Number of Visits per Day: One (1) per incarcerated individual
Maximum Number of Visits per Week: One (1) visit per weekend and one (1) visit per legal holiday
Maximum Number of Visitors per Visit: Three (3) visitors and one (1) child under the age of five (5) will be allowed to visit. The child must sit on an adult’s lap.
Visiting Room Overcrowding Policy: In the event that space considerations require termination of visits, the following procedure will be followed:
1) Request voluntary termination from any visitor first.
2) If no volunteers, those visitors who arrived first will be asked to leave after having visited for a minimum of two (2) hours.
3) After consultation with the area Supervisor, exceptions to early terminations can be made for visitors who have traveled a long distance, and do not have a frequent visit pattern.
For additional visitation information, please visit the DOCCS Visitors Page
PREA Audit Reports
Taconic Correctional Facility PREA Audit Report November 2021
PREA Audit Report, November 7, 2018
PREA Audit Report, November 9, 2015