Southport Correctional Facility is a maximum security level facility for males.
Every facility has a variety of programs to help incarcerated individuals, which can include:
- Alcohol and Substance Abuse Treatment Programs
- Anger Management Programs
- Educational/Vocational Programs
- Family Development Programs
- Guidance and Counseling Services
- Library and Law Library Services
- Recreational Programs
- Religious Services
- Sex Offender Treatment Programs
- Temporary Release Programs
- Trauma Programs
- Transitional Services Programs
- Veterans Services
- Volunteer Services and Programs
Visitation information effective 1/5/2022
Visiting Days: Weekends and Holidays
Visiting Hours: 9:00AM to 3:15PM (Latest arrival time 2:30PM)
Special Housing Unit Visiting Days & Hours: Incarcerated individuals in SHU custody are allowed one non-legal visit within a seven (7) day period during normal visitation hours.
Visitation Schedule – Visits will be separated into two groups. Incarcerated individuals whose DIN ends in an odd number will have visitation on Saturdays. Incarcerated individuals whose DIN ends in an even number will have visitation on Sundays.
Maximum Number of Visits per Month: Weekends and Holidays
Maximum Number of Visitors per Visit: Three (3) visitors and one (1) child under the age of five (5) will be allowed to visit. The child must sit on an adult’s lap.
Visiting Room Overcrowding Policy: In the event that space considerations require termination of visits, the following procedure will be followed:
1) Request voluntary termination from any visitor first.
2) Local Visits – Defined as one (1) hour or less of travel time.
3) Those visitors who arrived first will be asked to leave
4) In lieu of termination, the incarcerated individual will be given the option of moving to a non-contact visiting area, if one is available, to continue his visit.
5) Any visits commencing after 2:00 PM, when all contact visit areas are full, will be placed in a non-contact area.