(Incarcerated Individual Mail: P.O. Box 700, Zip 12589)
Shawangunk Correctional Facility is a maximum security level facility for males.
Every facility has a variety of programs to help incarcerated individuals, which can include:
- Alcohol and Substance Abuse Treatment Programs
- Anger Management Programs
- Educational/Vocational Programs
- Family Development Programs
- Guidance and Counseling Services
- Library and Law Library Services
- Recreational Programs
- Religious Services
- Sex Offender Treatment Programs
- Temporary Release Programs
- Trauma Programs
- Transitional Services Programs
- Veterans Services
- Volunteer Services and Programs
Visitation information effective 4/13/21 - VISITATION WILL RESUME EFFECTIVE APRIL 28, 2021
Visiting Days: Daily (including weekends)
Visiting Hours: 8:30AM to 2:15PM (Latest arrival time 1:45PM)
Special Housing Unit Visiting Days & Hours: Incarcerated individuals in SHU custody are allowed one non-legal visit within a seven (7) day period during normal visitation hours. Each week starts on a Sunday and ends on a Saturday.
Visitation Schedule: Weekend visitation will be allowed on an alternating schedule by using an even/odd method. See attached schedule.
Maximum Number of Visits per Day: Unlimited
Maximum Number of Visits per Week: Six (6) visits per week. Seven (7) upon approval in advance from the Tour 2 Watch Commander - based on distance from facility.
Maximum Number of Visitors per Visit: Three (3) visitors and one (1) child under the age of five (5) will be allowed to visit. The child must sit on an adult’s lap.
Visiting Room Overcrowding Policy: In the event that space considerations require termination of visits, the following procedure will be followed:
1) Request voluntary termination from any visitor first.
2) If no volunteers, those visitors who arrived first will be asked to leave
PREA Audit Report
Shawangunk Correctional Facility Final PREA Audit Report June 2021