(Inmate Mail: P.O. Box 700, Zip 12589)
Shawangunk Correctional Facility is a maximum security level facility for males.
Every facility has a variety of programs to help incarcerated individuals, which can include:
- Alcohol and Substance Abuse Treatment Programs
- Anger Management Programs
- Educational/Vocational Programs
- Family Development Programs
- Guidance and Counseling Services
- Library and Law Library Services
- Recreational Programs
- Religious Services
- Sex Offender Treatment Programs
- Temporary Release Programs
- Trauma Programs
- Transitional Services Programs
- Veterans Services
- Volunteer Services and Programs
Visiting Days & Hours: 8:30 AM to 2:15 PM Monday to Friday Weekends and Holidays; Latest Arrival Time 2:00 PM
Special Housing Unit Visiting Days & Hours (Inmates in SHU custody are allowed one non-legal visit within a seven day period): 8:30 AM to 2:15 PM Sunday to Saturday.
Number of Allowable Visits: Six (6) visits per week. Seven (7) upon approval in advance from the Tour 2 Watch Commander - based on distance from facility.
Maximum Number of Visitors per Visit/Day: Weekdays: Three adults, unlimited children under 17/Unlimited depending on space. Weekends/Holidays: Three adults, maximum of four children under 17/Unlimited depending on space.
Visiting Room Overcrowding Policy: In the event that space considerations require termination of visits, the following procedure will be followed:
1. Request voluntary terminations from any visitor first.
2. If no volunteers, those who arrived first will be asked to leave.