Riverview Correctional Facility is a medium security level facility for males.
Every facility has a variety of programs to help incarcerated individuals, which can include:
- Alcohol and Substance Abuse Treatment Programs
- Anger Management Programs
- Educational/Vocational Programs
- Family Development Programs
- Guidance and Counseling Services
- Library and Law Library Services
- Recreational Programs
- Religious Services
- Sex Offender Treatment Programs
- Temporary Release Programs
- Trauma Programs
- Transitional Services Programs
- Veterans Services
- Volunteer Services and Programs
Visitation information effective 1/5/2022
Visiting Days: Weekends and Holidays
Visiting Hours: 8:00AM to 3:00PM (Latest arrival time 2:30PM)
General Population Visiting: General population visiting will be divided into two segments of the population based on the last digit of the incarcerated individuals DIN. This will provide the opportunity for two weekend visits per month. Visits on holidays will NOT be restricted by odd or even DINs. See attached schedule.
2022 Visitation Schedule (revised 6/14/22)
Special Housing Unit Visiting: SHU incarcerated individuals are allowed one non-legal visit within a seven-day period. All other general population guidelines will apply. Due to the limited number in SHU, there will be no even/odd weekend pattern.
Maximum Number of Visitors per Visit: Three (3) visitors and one (1) child under the age of five (5) will be allowed to visit. The child must sit on an adult’s lap.
Visiting Room Overcrowding Policy: In the event that space considerations require termination of visits, the following procedure will be followed:
1) Request voluntary termination from any visitor first.
2) If no volunteers, local visits will be asked to leave. A local visit is defined as any visitor within a 50-mile radius of Riverview.
3) Those visitors who arrived first will then be asked to leave
Note: Special consideration is given by the Watch Commander to visitors who are from out of state.
For additional visitation information, please visit the DOCCS Visitors Page
PREA Audit Report
Riverview Correctional Facility Final PREA Audit Report July 2021