Mohawk Correctional Facility is a medium security level facility for males.
Every facility has a variety of programs to help incarcerated individuals, which can include:
- Alcohol and Substance Abuse Treatment Programs
- Anger Management Programs
- Educational/Vocational Programs
- Family Development Programs
- Guidance and Counseling Services
- Library and Law Library Services
- Recreational Programs
- Religious Services
- Sex Offender Treatment Programs
- Temporary Release Programs
- Trauma Programs
- Transitional Services Programs
- Veterans Services
- Volunteer Services and Programs
Visitation information effective 12/22/2022
Visiting Days: Weekends and Holidays
Visiting Hours: 8:30AM to 3:30PM (Latest arrival time 2:30PM)
Special Housing Unit Visiting Days & Hours: Incarcerated individuals in SHU custody are allowed one non-legal visit within a seven (7) day period during regular visitation hours and days. Each week begins on a Monday and ends on a Sunday.
Visitation Schedule: Visits are divided into specific segments of the population by last digit of incarcerated individual’s DIN. See attached schedule.
Maximum Number of Visits per Day: Unlimited
Maximum Number of Visitors per Visit: Three (3) visitors per visit (does not include children who are 2 years or younger and can be held on a lap)
Visiting Room Overcrowding Policy: In the event that space considerations require termination of visits, the following procedure will be followed:
1) Request voluntary termination from any visitor first.
2) If no volunteers, those visitors who arrived first will be asked to leave taking into consideration the three (3) hour minimum visitation guideline.
For additional visitation information, please visit the DOCCS Visitors Page
PREA Audit Report
Mohawk Correctional Facility PREA Audit Report
Mohawk Correctional Facility PREA Audit Report - May 16, 2022
Mohawk Correctional Facility Audit Report March 2019
PREA Audit Report, March 22, 2019
Mohawk Correctional Facility Audit Report November 2016
PREA Audit Report, March 10, 2016