Superintendent: Andrea Schneider
Lakeview Shock Incarceration Correctional Facility is a minimum security level facility for males and females.
Lakeview Drug Treatment Program (DTP) is a 90-day intensive residential program, followed by six (6) months of continuing care in the community with intensive Community Supervision. Participants engage in substance abuse treatment, education and vocational training, attention to detail, self-discipline, and time management via a Therapeutic Community-based model. Lakeview DTP is accredited by the American Correctional Association (ACA).
The Lakeview Shock Incarceration program is a six-month discipline and treatment oriented activity. Eligible incarcerated individuals, both men and women, are provided the opportunity to develop life skills which have proven to be important for success in society. The program includes rigorous physical activity, work, intensive regimentation and discipline, instruction in military bearing, courtesy, drills, physical exercise, Network community living skills, a structured work program, intensified substance abuse and alcohol counseling and structured educational programming to the high school equivalency level.
Every facility has a variety of programs to help incarcerated individuals, which can include:
- Alcohol and Substance Abuse Treatment Programs
- Anger Management Programs
- Educational/Vocational Programs
- Family Development Programs
- Guidance and Counseling Services
- Library and Law Library Services
- Recreational Programs
- Religious Services
- Sex Offender Treatment Programs
- Temporary Release Programs
- Trauma Programs
- Transitional Services Programs
- Veterans Services
- Volunteer Services and Programs
Visitation information effective 01/02/2024
Visiting Days: Weekends
Visiting Hours: 9:00AM to 3:00PM (Latest arrival time 2:30PM)
Special Housing Unit Visiting Days & Hours: Incarcerated individuals in SHU custody are allowed one non-legal visit within a seven (7) day period during normal visitation hours. SHU visitation occurs on Saturdays. IASAT visitation occurs on Sundays.
Maximum Number of Visits per Week: Shock incarcerated individuals get one visit every two (2) weeks
Maximum Number of Visitors per Visit: Three (3) visitors and one (1) child under the age of five (5) will be allowed to visit. The child must sit on an adult’s lap. No cross visits allowed.
Visiting Room Overcrowding Policy: In the event that space considerations require termination of visits, the following procedure will be followed:
1) Request voluntary termination from any visitor first.
2) If no volunteers, those visitors who arrived first will be asked to leave.
- If necessary, two (2) hour visiting time slots may be instituted to allow for all visitors to maintain family ties.
For additional visitation information, please visit the DOCCS Visitors Page