Great Meadow Correctional Facility is a maximum security level facility for males.
Every facility has a variety of programs to help incarcerated individuals, which can include:
- Alcohol and Substance Abuse Treatment Programs
- Anger Management Programs
- Educational/Vocational Programs
- Family Development Programs
- Guidance and Counseling Services
- Library and Law Library Services
- Recreational Programs
- Religious Services
- Sex Offender Treatment Programs
- Temporary Release Programs
- Trauma Programs
- Transitional Services Programs
- Veterans Services
- Volunteer Services and Programs
Visitation information effective 4/13/21 - VISITATION WILL RESUME EFFECTIVE APRIL 28, 2021
Visiting Days: Daily (including weekends)
Visiting Hours: 9:00AM to 3:30PM
Special Housing Unit Visiting Days & Hours: A maximum of one visit per week is allowed for SHU, LTKL (serving over 30 days) and BHU per current facility visiting policy. Maximum of two (2) weekend visits per month. Each week begins on a Wednesday and ends on a Tuesday.
Visitation Schedule: Weekend visits will rotate weekends based on the first letter of the incarcerated individual’s last name, allowing all general population incarcerated individuals the opportunity for a minimum of two (2) weekend visits per month. See attached visitation schedule.
Maximum Number of Visits per Day: Unlimited
Maximum Number of Visitors per Visit:
- Weekday Visits: Three (3) visitors and one (1) child under the age of five (5) will be allowed to visit except in non-contact rooms, which will allow two (2) visitors and one (1) child under the age of five (5). Children must sit on an adult’s lap.
- Weekend Visits: Two (2) visitors and one (1) child under the age of five (5) will be allowed to visit. Children must sit on an adult’s lap.
Visiting Room Overcrowding Policy: Non-contact visit rooms will be an option for visits until all four (4) rooms are filled. Visitors will be notified at the time of processing if the visiting room is filled and a non-contact visiting room is available. If a table opens, a non-contact visit can be moved to a contact visit table upon request to the assigned visiting room officer. In the event that space considerations require termination of visits, the following procedure will be followed:
1. If local, within traveling distance; those visitors who arrived first will be asked to leave.
2. If traveling considerable distance, arrangements will be made to allow the visit to remain.
PREA Audit Report
Great Meadow Correctional Facility Final PREA Audit Report June 2021