Gouverneur Correctional Facility is a medium security level facility for males.
Every facility has a variety of programs to help incarcerated individuals, which can include:
- Alcohol and Substance Abuse Treatment Programs
- Anger Management Programs
- Educational/Vocational Programs
- Family Development Programs
- Guidance and Counseling Services
- Library and Law Library Services
- Recreational Programs
- Religious Services
- Sex Offender Treatment Programs
- Temporary Release Programs
- Trauma Programs
- Transitional Services Programs
- Veterans Services
- Volunteer Services and Programs
Visitation information effective 4/13/21 - VISITATION WILL RESUME EFFECTIVE MAY 1, 2021
Visiting Days: Weekends and Holidays
Visiting Hours: 7:30AM to 2:30PM (Latest arrival time 1:30PM)
Special Housing Unit Visiting Days & Hours: Incarcerated individuals in SHU custody are allowed one non-legal visit within a seven (7) day period. Each week begins on a Sunday and ends on a Saturday.
- SHU 7:30AM to 2:30PM Weekend and Holidays (Latest arrival time 1:30PM)
- S-Block 5:00PM to 9:00PM Saturdays (Latest arrival time 8:00PM)
- PIMS Level 3 incarcerated individuals may also receive visits on Sundays 5:00PM to 9:00PM
· DINs ending in an odd number will be allowed visits on Saturdays.
· DINs ending in an even number will be allowed visits on Sundays.
· DINs ending in an odd number will be allowed visits 7:30AM to 11:00AM
· DINs ending in an even number will be allowed visits from 11:00AM to 2:30PM
Maximum Number of Visits per Day: Unlimited
Maximum Number of Visitors per Visit: Three (3) visitors and one (1) child under the age of five (5) will be allowed to visit. The child must sit on an adult’s lap.
Visiting Room Overcrowding Policy: In the event that space considerations require termination of visits, the following procedure will be followed:
1) Request voluntary termination from any visitor first.
2) If no volunteers, local visits will be terminated. Local visits are deemed any visitor who lives within a fifty (50) mile radius of the facility.
4) Terminate visits in order of their arrival in the Visit Room. (First visitor in would be the first visitor asked to leave).
PREA Audit Report
Gouverneur Correctional Facility Final PREA Audit Report July 2021