Elmira Correctional Facility is a maximum security level facility for males.
Every facility has a variety of programs to help incarcerated individuals, which can include:
- Alcohol and Substance Abuse Treatment Programs
- Anger Management Programs
- Educational/Vocational Programs
- Family Development Programs
- Guidance and Counseling Services
- Library and Law Library Services
- Recreational Programs
- Religious Services
- Sex Offender Treatment Programs
- Temporary Release Programs
- Trauma Programs
- Transitional Services Programs
- Veterans Services
- Volunteer Services and Programs
Visitation information effective 4/13/21 - VISITATION WILL RESUME FOR INDIVIDUALS IN GENERAL POPULATION EFFECTIVE APRIL 28, 2021. VISITATION WILL RESUME FOR INDIVIDUALS IN RECEPTION EFFECTIVE MAY 1, 2021
Visiting Days: Daily (including weekends)
General Population Visiting Hours: 9:00AM to 3:00PM Daily (Latest arrival time 2:00PM)
Reception Center Visiting Hours: 9:00AM to 2:45PM Weekends Only (Latest arrival time 2:15PM)
Special Housing Unit Visiting Days & Hours: Incarcerated individuals in SHU custody are allowed one non-legal visit within a seven (7) day period during regular visitation hours and days. Each seven (7) day period begins at the conclusion of the last visit.
Visitation Schedule: Visits are divided into specific segments of the population by alpha (first letter of incarcerated individual's last name: A-L, M-Z). See attached schedule.
Maximum Number of Visits per Day: Unlimited
Maximum Number of Visitors per Visit: Three (3) visitors and one (1) child under the age of five (5) will be allowed to visit. The child must sit on an adult’s lap.
Visiting Room Overcrowding Policy: In the event that space considerations require termination of visits, the following procedure will be followed:
- If the visitors waiting have visited two (2) or more times during the previous seven (7) days and they live locally, they will not be allowed to visit that day.
- If the visitors waiting have not visited two (2) or more times during the previous seven (7) days, early termination of visits in the visiting rooms will occur in the following order:
- Visitors who completed a Family Reunion visit that morning.
- Local Visitors who have visited two (2) or more times within the previous seven (7) days or participated in a Family Reunion Visit within the previous seven (7) days.
- Local visitors (Those who live within a one hundred (100) mile radius of the facility).
- First visit in/first visit out