Elmira Correctional Facility is a maximum security level facility for males.
Every facility has a variety of programs to help incarcerated individuals, which can include:
- Alcohol and Substance Abuse Treatment Programs
- Anger Management Programs
- Educational/Vocational Programs
- Family Development Programs
- Guidance and Counseling Services
- Library and Law Library Services
- Recreational Programs
- Religious Services
- Sex Offender Treatment Programs
- Temporary Release Programs
- Trauma Programs
- Transitional Services Programs
- Veterans Services
- Volunteer Services and Programs
Visitation information effective 12/22/2022
Visiting Days: Daily (including weekends)
Visiting Hours: 9:00AM to 3:00PM Daily (Latest arrival time 2:00PM)
Special Housing Unit Visiting Days & Hours: Incarcerated individuals in SHU custody are allowed one non-legal visit within a seven (7) day period during regular visitation hours and days. Each seven (7) day period begins at the conclusion of the last visit.
- General Population visits are conducted daily and there are no restrictions by name/Department Identification Number (DIN). See attached schedule
- Reception Center visits are conducted daily, designated by Odd/Even number of the calendar day, and are based on the last number of the Incarcerated Individual’s DIN. Example: July 12th will be a visit day for any Reception Center incarcerated whose DIN ends in 0, 2, 4, 6, 8. Please Note: Reception Center incarcerated are allowed visits the sixth (6th) business day from arrival. See attached schedule
Maximum Number of Visits per Day: Unlimited
Maximum Number of Visitors per Visit: Three (3) visitors and one (1) child under the age of five (5) will be allowed to visit. The child must sit on an adult’s lap.
Visiting Room Overcrowding Policy: In the event that space considerations require termination of visits, the following procedure will be followed:
- If the visitors waiting have visited two (2) or more times during the previous seven (7) days and they live locally, they will not be allowed to visit that day.
- If the visitors waiting have not visited two (2) or more times during the previous seven (7) days, early termination of visits in the visiting rooms will occur in the following order:
- Visitors who completed a Family Reunion visit that morning.
- Local Visitors who have visited two (2) or more times within the previous seven (7) days or participated in a Family Reunion Visit within the previous seven (7) days.
- Local visitors (Those who live within a one hundred (100) mile radius of the facility).
- First visit in/first visit out
For additional visitation information, please visit the DOCCS Visitors Page
PREA Audit Report
PREA Audit Report, May 29, 2021