The Fishkill Postal Office is requesting mail and packages be addressed to the incarcerated population using the following format:
Attention: Box F
Name of Incarcerated Individual
121 School House Road
P. O. Box 445
Fishkill, NY 12524-0445
Please include the individual's Department Identification Number (DIN).
Downstate Correctional Facility is a maximum security level facility for males.
Every facility has a variety of programs to help incarcerated individuals, which can include:
- Alcohol and Substance Abuse Treatment Programs
- Anger Management Programs
- Educational/Vocational Programs
- Family Development Programs
- Guidance and Counseling Services
- Library and Law Library Services
- Recreational Programs
- Religious Services
- Sex Offender Treatment Programs
- Temporary Release Programs
- Trauma Programs
- Transitional Services Programs
- Veterans Services
- Volunteer Services and Programs
Visitation information effective 4/13/21 - VISITATION WILL RESUME EFFECTIVE APRIL 28, 2021
Visiting Days: Daily (including weekends and Holidays)
Visiting Hours: 8:30AM to 3:15PM Daily – No visitor processing 11:15AM to 12:45PM or after 2:15PM
Special Housing Unit Visiting Days & Hours: Hours Incarcerated individuals in SHU custody are allowed one non-legal visit within a seven (7) day period during normal visitation hours. Each week begins on a Monday and ends on a Sunday.
Visitation Schedule: Visits are divided into specific segments of the population by first letter of incarcerated individual’s last name. See attached schedule.
Maximum Number of Visits per Day: Unlimited number of visits during visiting hours.
Maximum Number of Visitors per Visit: Three (3) visitors and one (1) child under the age of five (5) will be allowed to visit. The child must sit on an adult’s lap. Once a visitor leaves, they will not be permitted to visit the same incarcerated individual again.
Visiting Room Overcrowding Policy: In the event that space considerations require termination of visits, the following procedure will be followed:
1) Staff are directed to first solicit volunteers who are willing to leave the Visiting Room at that time.
2) If the attempt to get enough volunteers is unsuccessful, the visit that has spent the longest time in the Visiting Room that day will have their visit terminated early (First In/ First out).
3) After consultation with the area supervisor, exceptions to early termination can be made for visitors who have traveled a long distance, and do not have a frequent visit pattern.