Cayuga Correctional Facility is a medium security level facility for males.
Every facility has a variety of programs to help incarcerated individuals, which can include:
- Alcohol and Substance Abuse Treatment Programs
- Anger Management Programs
- Educational/Vocational Programs
- Family Development Programs
- Guidance and Counseling Services
- Library and Law Library Services
- Recreational Programs
- Religious Services
- Sex Offender Treatment Programs
- Temporary Release Programs
- Trauma Programs
- Transitional Services Programs
- Veterans Services
- Volunteer Services and Programs
Visitation information effective 1/5/2022
Visiting Days: Weekends and Holidays
Visiting Hours: 8:30AM to 3:30PM (Latest arrival time 2:30PM)
Special Housing Unit Visiting Days & Hours: Incarcerated individuals in SHU custody are allowed one non-legal visit within a seven (7) day period during normal visitation hours. Each week begins on a Sunday and ends on a Saturday.
Visitation Schedule: Visits are currently divided into specific segments of the population by the first letter of the incarcerated individual’s last name. See attached schedule.
Maximum Number of Visits per Day: Incarcerated individuals may have multiple visits on one (1) day if space is available.
Maximum Number of Visitors per Visit: Three (3) visitors and one (1) child under the age of five (5) will be allowed to visit. The child must sit on an adult’s lap. Once a visitor leaves, they will not be permitted to visit the same inmate again.
Visiting Room Overcrowding Policy: In the event that space considerations require termination of visits, the following procedure will be followed:
1) An announcement will be made for volunteers to leave first.
2) If visits need to be terminated, consideration will be given to distance of travel and date of last visit.
For additional visitation information, please visit the DOCCS Visitors Page
PREA Audit Report
Cayuga Correctional Facility Final PREA Audit Report July 2021