Superintendent: Gerard Jones
Cayuga Correctional Facility is a medium security level facility for males.
Every facility has a variety of programs to help incarcerated individuals, which can include:
- Alcohol and Substance Abuse Treatment Programs
- Anger Management Programs
- Educational/Vocational Programs
- Family Development Programs
- Guidance and Counseling Services
- Library and Law Library Services
- Recreational Programs
- Religious Services
- Sex Offender Treatment Programs
- Temporary Release Programs
- Trauma Programs
- Transitional Services Programs
- Veterans Services
- Volunteer Services and Programs
Visitation information effective 12/22/2022
Visiting Days: Weekends and Holidays
Visiting Hours: 8:30AM to 3:30PM (Latest arrival time 2:30PM)
Special Housing Unit Visiting Days & Hours: Incarcerated individuals in SHU custody are allowed one non-legal visit within a seven (7) day period during normal visitation hours. Each week begins on a Sunday and ends on a Saturday.
Visitation Schedule: Weekend visitation is scheduled by the last digit of the incarcerated individual’s Departmental Identification Number (DIN). On odd numbered calendar dates visitation is allowed for individuals whose DIN ends in an odd number. On even numbered calendar dates visitation is allowed for individuals whose DIN ends in an even number. Holiday visitation is open to all incarcerated individuals. See attached schedule
Maximum Number of Visits per Day: Incarcerated individuals may have multiple visits on the same day if space is available. Once a visitor leaves, they will not be permitted to visit the same incarcerated individual again that day.
Maximum Number of Visitors per Visit: Three (3) visitors and one (1) child under the age of five (5) will be allowed to visit. The child must sit on an adult’s lap.
Visiting Room Overcrowding Policy: In the event that space considerations require termination of visits, the following procedure will be followed:
1) An announcement will be made for volunteers to leave first.
2) If visits need to be terminated, consideration will be given to distance of travel and date of last visit.
For additional visitation information, please visit the DOCCS Visitors Page
PREA Audit Report
Cayuga Correctional Facility Final PREA Audit Report July 2021