Cape Vincent Correctional Facility is a medium security level facility for males.
Every facility has a variety of programs to help incarcerated individuals, which can include:
- Alcohol and Substance Abuse Treatment Programs
- Anger Management Programs
- Educational/Vocational Programs
- Family Development Programs
- Guidance and Counseling Services
- Library and Law Library Services
- Recreational Programs
- Religious Services
- Sex Offender Treatment Programs
- Temporary Release Programs
- Trauma Programs
- Transitional Services Programs
- Veterans Services
- Volunteer Services and Programs
Visitation information effective 8/5/2020
Visiting Days: Weekends and Holidays
Visiting Hours: 7:30AM to 2:15PM (Latest arrival time 1:30PM)
Special Housing Unit Visiting Days & Hours: Inmates in SHU custody are allowed one non-legal visit within a seven (7) day period during regular visitation hours and days. Each week starts on a Saturday and ends on a Friday.
Visitation Schedule: Visits will take place using an odd/even schedule based on the last number of the inmate’s DIN. Inmates whose DIN ends with an odd number will have visitation on Saturdays. Inmates whose DIN ends with an even number will have visitation on Sundays. For Holiday visits, inmates with a DIN ending in an odd number will be allowed visits from 7:30AM to 10:30AM and even numbers will be allowed visits from 11:15AM to 2:15PM.
Number of Allowable Visits per Week: Unlimited
Maximum Number of Visits per Day: Unlimited
Maximum Number of Visitors per Visit: Three (3) visitors and one (1) child under the age of five (5) will be allowed to visit. The child must sit on an adult's lap.
Visiting Room Overcrowding Policy: In the event that space considerations require termination of visits, the following procedure will be followed:
1) Request voluntary termination from any visitor first.
2) If no volunteers, local visits will be asked to leave. A local visit is defined as any visitor within a one hundred (100) mile radius of Cape Vincent.
Special Considerations: Due to limited space in the Visitor Hospitality Center, visitors who arrive on the bus should be prepared to wait outdoors. Visitors who arrive via personal transportation will park in a designated location and be called from their vehicle to be processed.