Cape Vincent Correctional Facility is a medium security level facility for males.
Every facility has a variety of programs to help incarcerated individuals, which can include:
- Alcohol and Substance Abuse Treatment Programs
- Anger Management Programs
- Educational/Vocational Programs
- Family Development Programs
- Guidance and Counseling Services
- Library and Law Library Services
- Recreational Programs
- Religious Services
- Sex Offender Treatment Programs
- Temporary Release Programs
- Trauma Programs
- Transitional Services Programs
- Veterans Services
- Volunteer Services and Programs
Visiting Days & Hours: 7:30AM to 2:15PM Weekends and Holidays; Latest Arrival Time 1:30PM
Special Housing Unit Visiting Days & Hours (Inmates in SHU custody are allowed one non-legal visit within a seven day period): 7:30AM to 2:15PM Weekends and Holidays; Latest Arrival Time 1:30PM; Weekly Schedule: Saturday through Friday
Number of Allowable Visits: Unlimited number of visits during visiting hours.
Maximum Number of Visitors per Visit/Day: Four/Prior approval required for more than four.
Visiting Room Overcrowding Policy: In the event that space considerations require termination of visits, the following procedure will be followed:
1) Request voluntary termination from any visitor first.
2) Local visits will end second. A local visit is defined as any visitor within a 100-mile radius of Cape Vincent.
Visits will be terminated on a “first in, first out” basis as the third option. The time used to determine termination of the visit should be when an inmate and visitor actually start their visit. The Watch Commander should give special consideration to visitors who are from out of state. Adding tables to the existing floor plan poses security and overcrowding risks and is not permitted.