Auburn Correctional Facility is a maximum security level facility for males.
Every facility has a variety of programs to help incarcerated individuals, which can include:
- Alcohol and Substance Abuse Treatment Programs
- Anger Management Programs
- Educational/Vocational Programs
- Family Development Programs
- Guidance and Counseling Services
- Library and Law Library Services
- Recreational Programs
- Religious Services
- Sex Offender Treatment Programs
- Temporary Release Programs
- Trauma Programs
- Transitional Services Programs
- Veterans Services
- Volunteer Services and Programs
Visiting Days & Hours: 9:00AM to 3:00PM Monday to Friday Weekends/Holidays; Latest Arrival Time 2:00PM
Special Housing Unit Visiting Days & Hours (Inmates in SHU custody are allowed one non-legal visit within a seven day period): 9:00AM to 3:00PM Monday to Friday Weekends/Holidays; Latest Arrival Time 2:00PM
SHU/Long-Term Keeplock schedule: starts on Sunday and ends on Saturday
Number of Allowable Visits: Unlimited number of visits during visiting hours.
Maximum Number of Visitors per Visit/Day: Six/Weekends; Four/Holidays Children are counted as adults. Infants are not counted.
Visiting Room Overcrowding Policy: In the event that space considerations require termination of visits, the following procedure will be followed:
1) Visitors having had having had a visit or visits during the preceding week will be required to terminate on a “first come, first to leave” basis.
2) If further room is needed, the local visitors will be required to terminate their visits on a “first come, first to leave” basis, based on the time the visit entered the visiting room. Local visitors are those who live within a 60 mile radius of the facility.
3) Finally, if further space is required, the first visits of the day will be required to terminate until everyone seeking to enter has been accommodated.
4) No visit will be terminated before receiving one hour with their visitors.
5) Inmates who had a visit during the week will not be eligible to receive a visit on the upcoming weekend.
**Split visits will be suspended during the construction period**
PREA Audit Report
Auburn Correctional Facility Final PREA Audit Report, May 6, 2020