Attica Correctional Facility is a maximum security level facility for males.
Every facility has a variety of programs to help incarcerated individuals, which can include:
- Alcohol and Substance Abuse Treatment Programs
- Anger Management Programs
- Educational/Vocational Programs
- Family Development Programs
- Guidance and Counseling Services
- Library and Law Library Services
- Recreational Programs
- Religious Services
- Sex Offender Treatment Programs
- Temporary Release Programs
- Trauma Programs
- Transitional Services Programs
- Veterans Services
- Volunteer Services and Programs
Visitation information effective 1/5/2022
Visiting Days: Daily (including weekends)
Visiting Hours: 8:45AM to 3:00PM (Latest arrival time 2:00PM)
Special Housing Unit Visiting Days & Hours: Incarcerated individuals in SHU custody are allowed one non-legal visit within a seven (7) day period during the hours of 9:30AM to 2:30PM Monday to Sunday (Latest arrival time 1:30PM). Each week begins on a Monday and ends on a Sunday.
Visitation Schedule: See attached
Maximum Number of Visits per Day: Up to two (2) split visits a day
Maximum Number of Visits per Week: General population may visit any day of the week. However, if an individual receives two (2) or more visits during the week, they will not be allowed visits on the weekend.
Maximum Number of Visitors per Visit: Three (3) visitors and one (1) child under the age of five (5) will be allowed to visit. The child must sit on an adult’s lap.
Visiting Room Overcrowding Policy: In the event that space considerations require termination of visits, the following procedure will be followed:
1) Request voluntary termination from any visitor first.
2) If no volunteers, closest visitor in a one hundred (100) mile radius of the facility that arrived first will be terminated to alleviate overcrowding.
For additional visitation information, please visit the DOCCS Visitors Page
PREA Audit Reports
Attica Correctional Facility Final PREA Audit Report, February 4-6, 2020