Altona Correctional Facility is a medium security level facility for males.
Every facility has a variety of programs to help incarcerated individuals, which can include:
- Alcohol and Substance Abuse Treatment Programs
- Anger Management Programs
- Educational/Vocational Programs
- Family Development Programs
- Guidance and Counseling Services
- Library and Law Library Services
- Recreational Programs
- Religious Services
- Sex Offender Treatment Programs
- Temporary Release Programs
- Trauma Programs
- Transitional Services Programs
- Veterans Services
- Volunteer Services and Programs
Visitation information effective 12/4/2020 - VISITATION TEMPORARILY SUSPENDED EFFECTIVE 12/30/20 AT 3PM
Visiting Days: Weekends and Holidays
Visiting Hours: 8:00AM to 2:30PM (Latest arrival time 1:30PM)
Visiting Schedule: Incarcerated individuals with DINs ending in an odd number will be allowed visitors on odd calendar days; Incarcerated individuals with DINs ending in an even number will be allowed visitors on even calendar days. See attached schedule.
Number of Allowable Visits per Week: Unlimited
Maximum Number of Visits per Day: Unlimited
Maximum Number of Visitors per Visit: Three (3) visitors and one (1) child under the age of five (5) will be allowed per visit. The child must sit on an adult’s lap.
Visiting Room Overcrowding Policy: In the event that space considerations require termination of visits, the following procedure will be followed:
1) When the visiting room reaches capacity, visitor processing will cease until approximately 11:15AM. An announcement will be made for volunteers to leave first.
2) If no volunteers, visitors who arrived first and who have visited for at least 2 hours will be asked to leave.